Sunday, July 6, 2008

Hard at Work



The first day of Bike Virginia, and I'm hard at work. Count 'em, there are three cameras on the bike, one on my helmet, and a camcorder in my Camelbak.

All of the visible cameras are waterproof, and, to some extent, shock-resistant. There's a GoPro HeroCam3 mounted to the down tube near the bottom bracket, a Pentax Optio W30 mounted near the headset, a Pentax Optio W10 looking back over the rear wheel, and an Oregon Scientific All Terrain Camera 2000 on my helmet.

The HeroCam and Optios are generally set up for interval photography, where a series a pictures are taken at set intervals- say, 1 picture taken every 5 seconds until the memory card is full or the battery dies. I also mount wide angle adapters onto the HeroCam & Pentaxes for a more dramatic perspective.

No comments: